This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

All Aboard!

This afternoon I worked on carving a stamp and making a logbook to replace one of my boxes that went missing - Santa Fe Southern. This box is in Lamy, NM at the train depot. I was disappointed when I found out it was missing and really wanted to replant it then. But due to my retina problems I just got around to it today. I carved a slightly different image. It is also a much better carve - I have honed my carving skills since I planted that box back in 2006. So when Thomas returned home from work we set out to get this box back out there. It was difficult to find a good hiding spot - I really wanted it to be safe this time - and after about 30 minutes of searching I found a spot that I think will last. Once I hid the box and documented the clues we left Lamy and headed back to Santa Fe. But before heading home I wanted to stop and look for a letterbox placed by HighDesertGlider. The box is hidden on the Rail Trail which goes from Santa Fe off of Rabbit Road all the way to Lamy at Hwy 285. You'll have to read the clues to find the starting point in which to find the box. We had a pleasant walk along the trail and found the box without any problems. It was a peaceful late afternoon walk - we didn't see anyone else out there. I took my time stamping in and made sure the box was rehidden well. Then we headed back to the car so we could grab some dinner before heading home. It was a great afternoon/evening excursion - and it was all about trains - All Aboard!

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails