This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

An LTC and a Mini Meet in Santa Fe

A few months ago another letterboxer suggested that I use my retired signature stamps and make a series of Letterbox Trading Cards (LTCs). [You can learn more about LTCs at Atlas Quest or Mama Cache's Website.] I had been thinking about it and playing around with a design. About a week ago I decided to start with my first signature stamp and design an LTC with a limited edition of 25 cards. I came up with a design and started making the LTCs yesterday and I finished all 25 today. I posted the LTC on Atlas Quest - lionsmane's Signature Stamp #1 LTC. Literally I received three requests withing a few minutes. And since I was meeting with Astro D, rubberpeace and dewberry for dinner tonight I decided to share one with each of them. I really enjoyed creating this card to showcase my first signature stamp. I will probably wait a month or two before I create the LTC for my second signature stamp - but stay tuned - there will be more.

Tonight we had a little Mini Meet in Santa Fe. Astro D, The Great Wuga Wuga, rubberpeace, rbrhorno, Highwayman and myself had dinner with dewberry, Asterix, Baby Turtle and Mushroom Hunter. They are on a road trip from Houston that took them through southern New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Coloradao and brought them to Santa Fe today. We met at one of my favorite restaurants - Maria's - they have good food and the best Margarita's. We all had a great time talking about their trip, letterboxing and learning new things about each other. I have met dewberry on a few occasions when I have been in Houston or in Texas for an event or just to letterbox. I have really enjoyed solving her puzzles and finding her boxes - especially the ones in Memorial Park. So it was a pleasure to have her in Santa Fe hunting for my boxes. I hope the dewberry clan enjoyed their trip to The City Different.

1 comment :

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sounds like a fun mini-meet and with margaritas, too? Yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails