This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Planting We Will Go

Well today is International Plant a Letterbox Day. So what do you think I did - I planted two letterboxes. I started planning these two boxes about a week ago. One of them I had started carving months ago but never finished because of work and some home renovation projects. I decided that this would be perfect to finish and plant today. The other was kind of a spur of the moment sort of thing - I just wanted to plant more than one letterbox today.

Both of these boxes are now planted on Hyde Park Road. One on the Chamisa Trail and the other across the road in a little secluded wooded area. I am very happy with the carvings and placement of both these boxes.

One of the boxes is very special - I placed it as a thank you to Astro D for teaching me how to marble paper. This box is called The Art of Ebrû. The logbook is made from paper that Astro D and I marbled together. The other box is in honor of my favorite comic strip characters. Calvin and Hobbes - I love Calvin's imagination and who couldn't use a fuzzy little tiger as a best friend. So if you are a fan of Calvin and Hobbes or if you would like a couple of good friends make plans to find A Boy and His Tiger.

1 comment :

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oooh! I can't wiat to get up to Santa Fe to do some letterboxing soon!

You guys keep tempting us with such terrific boxes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails