This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Monday, May 12, 2008

A Mini Meet in Albuquerque

Today Astro D, rubberpeace and I had plans to meet with Triple T & SHH in Albuquerque as they make there way on a 6200 mile Field Trip. We made sure to also invite Twinville Trekkers in order to complete the list of northern NM boxers.

The morning started out early for me. I wanted to get to Albuquerque before the morning traffic got too heavy. My mission was to find the Rattlesnake Box that I missed on my last trip due to too much traffic in the area. For more on that story go to Bittersweet Letterboxing. Well it worked - there was no traffic and I was able to get the box without anyone seeing me. My next stop was to be at a section of the Petroglyph National Monument. I had some time so I thought I would go for a short hike. But alas, it wasn't to happen. I was too early and by the time the gate would be open I wouldn't have the time for a hike since I was meeting all these wonderful boxers for coffee. So instead I went to the meeting place and had some breakfast and coffee and did a little reading until everyone else arrived. It wasn't long before Astro D and rubberpeace showed up. We chatted for a little bit and then Triple T & SHH arrived. Almost immediately the exchanges and stamping began. I received three exchanges, 15 personal travelers and two LTC's. Triple T and SHH had an amazing amount of stamps and all of them were fantastic carves. Cowgirl was also there and joined in the fun of stamping and talking. Twinville Trekkers (well not all the Twinville Trekkers - only Lisa and Jackson were able to make it) arrived and were quickly caught up in all the merriment. It was great fun meeting these letterboxers as they travel across the country and we appreciated them taking the time to stop and visit with us. Today they were headed for Carlsbad, NM and the caverns. So we said our goodbyes and wished them luck and safety on their trip. Astro D and rubberpeace also headed out to do a little letterboxing and Twinville Trekkers and I stayed a little while longer and talked about letterboxing in NM, AZ and UT. Eventually we left so that I could finish my plans for the day.

I wanted to replant two of my boxes that I had removed last year. So now BioPark and Black & White are in place. It was such a great day that I decided to spend some time at the BioPark and the Zoo. I walked around the BioPark and enjoyed the flowers and warm weather. After about an hour I was ready for the zoo. I had wanted to ride the train that goes between the two but it doesn't run on Mondays. So I drove over to the zoo and had a great time walking around. It was a nice day - not too crowded and the weather was perfect. And I was able to get some great pictures of the lion - he was spread out on a rock enjoying the sun. At about 3:00pm I was ready to go home. I have to say it was a pretty wonderful day.

2 comments :

John and Diane said...

The mini meet WAS great fun. Glad you got those boxes re-hidden, I loved those 2. Rubberpeace and I found a couple of boxes and then did some serious damage at the going out of business sales at BOTH Papergami stores! Fun!
-D

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

It was a wonderful day! We didn't even mind missing band because we lost track of time visiting with everyone.

We decided to make it a letterbox day and found the rattlesnake box. What fun! And then explored the area. Afterwards we found Los Altos Park box and had such a rush balancing over I-40 on the bridge over the 18 wheelers barreling underneath us!

Jax and were tickled to find Astro D, Rubber Peace amnd LionsMane stamp images in those letterbox log books, knowing that we were trekking the same paths that day.

We so enjoyed meeting the TTT's and SSH's and visiting with everyone, too.
Thanks so much for including us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails