This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A Day on the Trails

This morning I decided I needed to get out and get some fresh air. I decided to hike the Chamisa Trail. I have been putting in a lot of hours at work - it has been busy and the hospital is short handed - so I have taken more hours than I would normally take. I worked the past five days and today is my only day off and tomorrow I start another five day run. So I wanted to get out and do something.

There were already a few cars in the parking lot for the trailhead when I arrived. But there were no people to be seen. So I had the trail to myself. I took my time and paced my self slowly. I was in no rush - I literally had all day. It was an uneventful walk - no wild animals attacked, I didn't fall down an incline, I didn't even trip over a rock or log - I like it when it is like that. When I got to the saddle I encountered my first humans, they were headed back to the parking lot. We said hi and goodbye and I continued on my way to the creek. Once there I found a boulder next to the creek and just sat for a while. After about fifteen minutes I decided to check on my Western Blue Flag box. Everything was perfect - the poor lonely box has only had two visitors - it would like to see more. Hint!Hint! So then I went and sat in the meadow and took some pictures, relaxed and had a snack. I then thought that I should check on my other boxes that are in this same vicinity - well actually about a mile away. But it is a beautiful hike and so I headed up the Windsor Trail. I first checked on Ribbit! - no problems - he has had three visitors - and he would also like to see more. Once he was back in his hiding spot I continued up the Windsor Trail and checked on my Bad, Bad Black Sheep box. He was the winner for most visitors - he had four! I put him back in place and then returned to the meadow off the Borrego Trail. I sat for a while and then started my journey back to the Chamisa Trail. I am really glad I started early - I only saw two people on the way in - it was such a peaceful way to start the day. On the way out I encounterd eleven people at different points on the trail. I had a great hike and was glad that all my boxes survived the winter snow and freezes up in the mountains.

1 comment :

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Ooooh! You are SO motiviating us to get up to Santa Fe for some letterboxing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails