This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Letterboxing At Home

We are back in Santa Fe and it is nice to be home. We did have a great time on our trip but it is always good to return home. Once settled I wanted to get out and check on a few of my boxes. So I headed up Hyde Park Road yesterday morning and hiked the Borrego/Bear Wallow Trail. All the boxes out there are in good condition - I was happy about that! After a nice hike I drove up Hyde Park Road to find a couple of new boxes that were planted while I was on vacation. Both were at an overlook with great views of aspens and of the valley. I found both very easy and then headed home to relax a little before Thomas returned from the airport with a friend that is visitng for the weekend. The rest of the day we just hung out in Santa Fe and had dinner before returning home and calling it an early evening.

Today I wanted to find a couple of letterboxes that Astro D and The Great Wuga Wuga had planted back in June. I guess I have been busy since it took me this long to go out and find them. We had a pleasant walk through a wetland preserve and I found Soon a Monsoon and The Beav - both very nice carvings - and I wouldn't expect any less from Astro and Wuga. We are going in to Santa Fe again today with our friend so I have to end this blog. Hopefully I will be back soon with more letterboxing adventures.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails