This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Driven to Letterbox

We're home! It was a great weekend in Denver - fast and furious but great!

We left our hotel this morning and went in search of one last letterbox before leaving Denver. It was a mystery box placed by preboxed - GME II. I had worked on the clues a while back and thought I had figured it out but never had the chance to actually go and find it. So last week I worked on the clues again, did some google searching and looked at maps. Parts of the clues still had me confused but we headed to the location I thought was right and we began our search. Things slowly fell into place and after about 20 minutes of searching and deciphering clues we found the box. I was really glad since I had put a lot of time and effort into this one. Once this box was back in place we headed out to find a something to eat before heading south on I-25.



A pretty uneventful drive and to be honest, a little boring. Interstate driving is pretty mundane. So we took a break and stopped at the visitors center in Raton to grab a quick drive by box. After stamping in we decided to take a side trip to Capulin Volcano. This is a National Monument about 30 minutes east of Raton off of Hwy 87/64. We collected another letterbox at the gift shop and then watched a 10 minute video about the volcano. Leaving the visitors center we took the road to the summit and enjoyed the views of the surrounding areas. Once at the summit we took the Crater Vent Trail to the bottom of the crater. Now time to continue our drive home. We made our way to Las Vegas, NM and stopped for dinner. After eating we headed up to United World College. We didn't exactly head to the college we actually drove a little past it in search of our last letterbox of the day - Alien Landing Pad? - Random Weirdness Series #2. Another quick drive by which was good. It was already 5:30pm and we were ready to get home.

I have to say we had a whole lot of fun on our quick trip to Denver but as always Thomas and I are very happy to be home. For Thomas it is back to work tomorrow and as for me I have some things to get done for the upcoming event. I hope everyone has a good week.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails