This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Checking Up On Boxes and Doing Maintenance

Well the SPOOKtacular event is less than a month away and things are going smoothly! Astro D and I met yesterday and went over things and made a list of what needs to be done. It seems as though everything is going well. One of the things that we have on the list is to check on boxes in the Santa Fe area and make sure they are okay. So this morning I decided to do a walk around downtown and check up on the boxes there. Astro D informed me that her Red or Green? box has gone missing (for the third time) and she has decided to retire it. Also Just Another Brick in the Wall is gone. I think the clue has been removed from LbNA. Okay, here I go - these are the boxes that I checked on today that are alive and well.

The Crow Knows
Going in Circles
Giant Rebel of Eden
Honor, Loyalty and Peace
Bear in Mind
Santa Fe Style
(Part of artTrekker's Artful Southwest Series - Little Pot and Cathedral Moon are both missing)
Canyon Oasis
City Different Walking Tour
Lizard Goes South
Art Attack #1
Calavera

I also checked on a few mystery boxes that are all alive and well and just waiting for someone to find them - HINT! HINT! Now some of these boxes have been moved or the clues have been updated. So if you have printed out the clues already you may want to check them just in case.


Other boxes in the area have been checked recently and they are okay. Here is a list of those boxes . . .

Ravens Ridge
I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK
You're So Vain You Probably Think . . .
Land of Enchantment Series
Bad, Bad Black Sheep
Ribbit!
Are Your Dogs Barking?
Ski Bear
Soon a Monsoon
Is She Mary?
A Pressing Matter

Again, you may want to review the clues - I think some may have been updated. There are still a few boxes that Astro D, The Great Wuga Wuga and I want to check on and as soon as we do I will write another update - please be sure to check back often. Also check on Astro D's blog (Toast Ranch Ramblings) for updates as well - she may post things there as she checks on boxes. And you may want to check the SPOOKtacular event page on Atlas Quest for updates as well.

3 comments :

Pre said...

Thanks VERY much for checking up on my Art Attack #1 box! So glad it's doing well and awaiting visitors :-) The logbook is plenty big...just be sure to stamp on BOTH sides of pages, please.

I'll leave this post here a few days with the hope that you or Astro D will check back....but I do HOPE a little something I gave AstroD at the Golden Treasures Gathering might be able to be looking for finders by Spooky time....

Major League bummed it doesn't look like I can make this meet, since I had SO much fun last fall.

Stoopid work and lack of extra time off until November.

Do these "job thingies" not understand we have Important Addictions????? Sheeze!

Have fun ya'll. Santa Fe is amazing..then there are ALL those equally amazing boxes, and letterboxers! Dunno nuttin bout tricks....DO know ya'll are in for some TREATS!

preboxed
Denver

John and Diane said...

Thanks for checking on all those boxes today! I checked on A Pressing Matter LB today, it is alive and well. We'll be checking on a few more this weekend and will let you know and/or post a note on my blog.
-Astro D
P.S. Tom L is not Tom P (that's secret code talk, ya'll!)

Pre said...

Boo!

I'm PREdicting that I'm just gonna feel AWFUL next Friday when I call in sick to work so I can jump in the car with FRH and drive to Santa Fe.....Life's kinda been sucky lately so *&^% it! A weekend of boxing and exchanges and silliness is just what the Doctor ordered.

I can contribute to the silliness part of things, at a very minimum. See ya there!

preboxed

Related Posts with Thumbnails