This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Monday, April 15, 2019

A Morning of Letterboxing in Santa Fe

Yesterday I looked through letterbox clues and found a few that I hadn't found in Santa Fe. So I planned to head out today and try and find them. I left the house with clues for five boxes, let's see what happens.

I headed out and my first stop was Museum Hill. I was here looking for Pablo and Vincent both by ArnoldZiffel. I followed the clues and easily found both boxes - they were planted close to each other. I used the bench in the clues to sit and stamp in. Both are great stamps and once I finished stamping and put the boxes back in place I decided to walk around a bit and see what outdoor art they had. It has been a while since I have been to the Hill. I spent about 30 minutes walking around and taking pictures then I returned to the car to continue on with me day.

My next stop was Meow Wolf to look for Cat at the Anomaly by hartwolfzell. Finding this box proved to be more of a challenge as there were quite a few cars in the parking lot and about 15 people milling around. There are large sculptures in the parking lot and people were taking pictures. I sat at a picnic table and waited. Then when the people moved away from the area I quickly moved over to the spot where the box was hidden and nabbed it. I went back to the picnic table to stamp in. Thankfully, when I went back to replace the box no one was around. Afterward I took a few pictures and then left to the next location.

The place I went to next is a brewery off of Cerrillos Road. I parked on the side of the street near the brewery and started to walk to the area the clues said to go. But I ended up going back to the car. There were three people unloading a truck and I didn't want to be questioned about snooping around the area. The box I was going to look for was Spring Break Flower by hartwolfzell. I decided to move on and maybe come back later to try again.

So I had one more box to find. The last box was Every Dog Has His Day: Scottie by Yaateeh. My search for this box took me to Frank S. Ortiz dog park. I followed the clues and took a walk along a trail leading away from a playground. When I arrived at the box's hiding spot I had to wait a few minutes as three people came by walking their dogs and decided to stop and chat right where I was. When they finally left I grabbed the box and moved to a different spot to sit and stamp in. When I went to put the box back in place luckily there was no one around and it was easy. I then returned to my car to head home.

I enjoyed the morning letterboxing in Santa Fe and found four really nice stamps - thanks to all who planted.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails