This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Saturday, September 08, 2018

The City Different and The Duke City Letterboxing

Okay, since I couldn't get one of the boxes I found yesterday back in place I needed to get in back this morning. So that was our first priority. And then near there was another box that I could find. Thomas and I left our house around 8:00am and drove to the National Cemetery. Thankfully, there was no one around and it was a quick errand. Next, we headed toward Tesuque. We took the exit off of US285 headed toward Tesuque Village and almost immediately stopped at a pullout. Here we looked for On Our Way to Great Wolf Lodge, Colorado Springs, Colorado - Wandering Wolf by The Rodriguez Family. This was a quick and easy find. I stamped in the car and then put the box back in place. We were now done with Santa Fe and we could move on to Albuquerque.

Once we arrived in Albuquerque we made our way to Los Altos Park and the Albuquerque Garden Center. Here we looked for and found Florabunda by Kit. The box is hidden near a bench and it was the perfect spot to sit and stamp. When I was done stamping and the box was back in place we headed on to the next box.

From Los Altos Park we took I40 to Tramway and then took Central headed east and stopped at the Route 66 Open Space (was the site of Little Beaver Town). We followed the clues for Red Ryder by Wronghat. We did fine until we got to his "word play" part of the clue. It took us a little while to work out the clue but we eventually found the box. There are some concrete slabs where I took the box to sit and stamp in. Then I replaced the box and we were ready to go to our next destination.

We had plans to meet another letterboxer for lunch in ABQ Uptown. So we made our way to the Elephant Bar to meet Kit for a relaxing lunch. We had a nice visit with Kit and a delicious meal and it was a nice addition to our letterboxing day. When lunch was finished we decided to call it a day and head back to Santa Fe. Over the last two days I found six wonderful letterboxes - thanks to all who planted them.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails