This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

One More Day in Prescott and Flagstaff

This morning I slept in until around 7:30am. Then I got up and got things ready and loaded my car. Once everything was loaded I checked out of the hotel and headed out to find a few more letterboxes in Prescott before heading up to Flagstaff.

I left the hotel and headed out of Prescott on Iron Springs Road (which is also AZ10) toward Skull Valley. I didn't drive all the way to Skull Valley. I ended up stopping at Tonto Road a few miles shy of the town. Here I found Valley of Skulls by Flyin Free. This was a quick and easy find and I stamped in whle sitting in the car. Once I had the box back in its hiding spot I headed back to Prescott. My next stop was at Prescott Brewing Company. Here I was looking for Plant a Beer Day: Prescott Brewing Company by 66gypsies. I parked and went looking for a number but had trouble finding it. Then I heard my name and looked up to see Seekers Two and The Woodshed.
They were in their car stamping in. So I got the box from them and they showed me where it was hidden. So I took it back to my car and stamped in. When I was done I went to return the box to its hiding spot and was surprised to find Seekers Two and The Woodshed still there. And they weren't alone. 66gypsies and shutterbug2012 were also there. So I gave the box to 66gypsies because she wanted to find a better hiding spot. I visited for a few minutes then said my goodbyes and headed out. I took Senator Hwy. to the trailhead for Trail 307. I didn't have to go on a hike to find the box - it was hidden near the kiosk for the trail. I easily found Enjoy the Pines by blacksheep1&2.  I took it back to the car to stamp in. When I was done I had to wait about five minutes for a couple of people to head out to the trail. Once that box was in place I got back in the car and headed out to my next box.  So while I was on Senator Hwy. I decided to look for Bradshaw Mountians. I followed the clues and got to mile marker 10. But after that I didn't fnd any of the landmarks so I turned around and headed back into Prescott. Next I headed up White Spar Road to Ponderosa Road where I parked in a pullout on the right just after making the turn. Here I looked for and found Where's Rocky? by blacksheep1&2. I stamped in while sitting in the car and then put the box back in place.  Now it was time to leave Prescott and begin my drive back to Flagstaff.

So I headed back into Prescott and then took AZ69 then AZ169 and then to I17. I made one stop to gas up the car before getting onto AZ169. Other than that the drive was uneventful and pretty quick. When I arrived in Flagstaff I decided to look for one box before I headed to my hotel. So I set my navigation for the Galaxy Diner. Once there I followed the clues for Galaxy Diner by RIclimber. Another quick and easy find. I found a great spot to sit and stamp in and then replaced the box. By this time I was tired and I wanted a shower. Once I checked in, I took my shower and then relaxed for a bit. Then I made plans for letterboxes along the way when I drive home tomorrow.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails