This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Friday, November 07, 2014

A Quick Find on Our Way to Denver

Thomas and I are headed to Denver to visit his brother this weekend. We left Santa Fe sometime around noon. I had a clue for a box in Raton that I had been wanting to get but haven't been up to that area.
View from the Box
So we made plans to stop on our way to Colorado. We drove from Santa Fe and didn't stop until we got to Raton. We made our way to the parking area for the Climax Canyon Nature Trail. From the parking area we had to walk a short distance up a road to the trailhead. We passed a couple of guys working in the area on erosion control and then met up with a doe and her fawn right at the trailhead. We also talked with a man who was a volunteer who helped build the trail. In the area where you park and then along the road and near the trailhead were Christmas decorations. Raton had their annual City of Bethlehem lights at the entrance of Climax Canyon. We walked a short distance up the trail to a trail junction and then turned right on the East Loop Trail and only a short distance up we found Silver Eagle's Climax Canyon box. I stamped sitting next to the tree where it is hidden and then replaced the box. The views from here were terrific and the trail was really nice. We then returned to the car to continue our drive to Denver. Thanks Silver Eagle for the break in driving and the short but wonderful walk to the box.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails