This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Double Checking on Boxes


This past weekend we had our Letterboxing with Altitude event up at Hyde Memorial State Park in Santa Fe. We had about 30 people attend the event. So today I decided to head up the mountain and check on the boxes that got the most action. I wanted to make sure after lots of finds that they were all closed properly and hidden well. It is likely that these boxes won't be found again until next Spring. Since they are in the mountain they will be covered with snow for the winter. So today I drove to the to the top of the mountain and then worked my way down checking on boxes along the way. I made sure baggies were closed well and lids were on tight. Then I made sure that they were hidden well, covered and secure. I was pleasantly surprised that most of the boxes were in great shape but I was glad I checked on them - it made me feel better. So the boxes I checked on were . . .
Purple Skeleton
Inching Along One Letterboxer at a Time
Beatles Series: In Spite of All the Danger
Trembling Poplar
Beatles Series: The Long and Winding Road
WrongHyde
Hyde Memorial State Park Series
The Trill of Flying
Hyde Park Lodge
Susan's Black Eye
Howling Moon
Celtic Warriors
My Favorite Swine: Piglet
Pin Up Stamp Swap 2: Tess
A Boy and His Tiger
The Art of Ebrû
Heroes on the Line
Gnome Day 2014: Amelie's Gnome
Southwest Charm
I am hoping that by checking on these boxes that they will be safe through the winter and be available next Spring. Thanks to everyone who came to the event and looked for our boxes.

1 comment :

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Thank you for checking on and taking care of our boxes


Twinville
Trekkers

Related Posts with Thumbnails