This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Out Planting in the Wind

This past weekend I worked on carving a stamp, making a logbook and putting a box together. The box I worked on was Alphabetical New Mexico: Y (Yucca). This was the last box in the series and I was determined to get it done by the end of this week. So today I headed out to plant this box. I wasn't really looking forward to going out to plant this box because the wind has been pretty bad and it was blowing pretty hard this morning. But I was determined to get this done. I only had the idea to plant this box on the beginning of the Atalaya Trail that starts at St. John's College but not exactly where on the trail. Once I parked I walked to the information board at the trailhead and started walking . I walked for a while taking little side trails but I didn't want to go very far, so I ended up just walking in all directions trying out hiding spots along the way. Eventually I found the right spot and and I placed the box. I then sat on a rock and made some notes and then walked from the box to the trailhead adding to my notes. Then I sat in the car and made more notes and then wrote out the clues. Of course before I drove away I felt compelled to check the clues so I made one last walk to the box. I think they will work but if anyone who goes to find the box finds a problem please let me know so I can fix it. I am so glad I have finally finished this series and have all 26 boxes in place. I also survived the wind, I just hope my allergies don't kick in.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails