This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Monday, July 12, 2010

A Quick Find in Santa Fe

About a week ago Astro D and The Great Wuga Wuga placed a new box in Santa Fe. This new box is a Hitchhiker Hostel and we needed one in Santa Fe. We needed it because there aren't a lot of boxes in town that can hold a hitchhiker and we would usually have to hold onto them for a while until we could find a box that they would fit in. So this box is easy access and big enough for quite a few hitchhikers - so thanks Astro D for this box.

I haven't had time to find the box until today. I was running errands and I passed right near the area where the box is hidden. So I made a little detour to Museum Hill to find the box. When I got there to pull into the extra parking it was pretty full. This past weekend was the Santa Fe International Folk Art Market and the regular parking lot was still covered in tents and there were tons of workers taking everything down. I eventually found a parking spot and followed the clues to the arroyo. I made my way down to the wire/rock gabion and followed the clues. I found the box easily and then found a nice shady spot to sit and stamp in.

There were four hitchhikers in the box and I had one with me. So I exchanged one for one. Then I stamped into the box's logbook and stamped the box's stamp into my logbook. Another great stamp by Astro D. I then rehid the box and was on my way. Thanks Astro D and The Great Wuga Wuga for another great letterbox.

8 comments :

FrogiNater said...

I love the idea of a HH! Around here, we don't get many peole and a HH could sit for a long, long time. I do try to hide one (which I've not had in forever) close to the mainsuper busy highway about an hour north.

We're road tripping in a couple weeks- super excited to see what is out there again!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Great idea! I've been wanting to create a HH for quite a while now. Now I have a place for my HH to begin it's journey.

The Twinville Trekkers will be in Santa Fe on Wednesday to do some letterboxing and hiking. We want to complete your Enchantment Series and place a couple boxes for you guys up there, too.

Do you know of any good ice cream places to visit?

~Lisa

Mark said...

Have fun in Santa Fe.
Here is a link to ice cream places . . . http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=Ice+Cream+in+Santa+Fe+NM&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Ice+Cream&hnear=Santa+Fe,+New+Mexico&ei=uMk8TLK2CI2DnQezzo3ZCA&ved=0CCwQtgMwAA&z=10

Uditha Perera said...

Dear Mark,
I am sorry this comment is not regarding your post. I have noted you had an issue with blogumulus where you get just the text "Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani". But your site is now working fine. I have the same problem and I would be greatful if you could share how you managed to make it work again.
Thank you.

Mark said...

I am not sure exactly how I did it - I just went to their site and copied the code and pasted it in and watched what happened. I had to do it several times. On one of my other blogs it isn't working though and I haven't had time to try it again.

FrogiNater said...

Pssst-- did I see right, are you going to the Maine even t in August?!

Mark said...

Yes, I am going to the Maine's Nautical Past event in August.

FrogiNater said...

I hope to meet you there!! We're going too!!! Myself, my son and my mom. We're bringing my Gram along with us She loves to box, but doesn't like driving. She's even more excited than me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails