This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Meeting Bandaid

A month or so ago I received an email from Bandaid in Connecticut. Her and her husband were going to be in Santa Fe. Mr. Bandaid was to be attending a convention (and by the way he is a noxer). During the times that he was at the convention Bandaid was going to do a little letterboxing. She also wanted to meet us for exchanges. They arrived last Sunday and during the week they did some sightseeing, attended the convention and did a little letterboxing. Thankfully most of the week was wonderful, sunny weather and warm. There were a couple of afternoon thunderstorms but nothing that last long. I received a note mid-week that Bandaid had a little trouble with finding some of my downtown boxes. A few months ago I had received a note from someone that couldn't find one of those same boxes. So this morning bright and early I headed out to check on three of these boxes. Thankfully they were all in place. I'm not sure why I got the missing box notice, maybe that person was in the wrong place or the clues were just a little too vague. I am happy to report that all of my downtown boxes are alive and well and hopefully will remain that way throughout the summer.

After doing all the check-ups and having a nice walk I headed to Collected Works Bookstore to meet Bandaid and rubberpeace. As I was approaching the store I saw rubberpeace and caught up to her. Just about at the same time we saw a woman go into the bookstore and rubberpeace was positive that the woman was Bandaid. And sure enough she was right. We made the introductions, ordered coffee and tea and found a table. Immediately we went into exchanges and personal travelers. Once everything was stamped we just sat and talked. Our visit was wonderful. Bandaid told us a little about her life. An EMT in New York City, now a nurse, pilots airplanes and loves horses. She told us some very interesting stories. Both rubberpeace and I thought that she should write a book. It was a great visit and I am glad we got to meet and I am also glad she had a great time in The City Different. The only thing that could have made it any better would have been if Astro D had been able to join us - but she was having fun in Las Cruces shopping at thrift stores and letterboxing.

2 comments :

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sounds like fun. Wish we could have been able to drive up to meet her, too.

In about a week, the Twinville Trekkers do intend to come up to Santa Fe to complete the second half of your Land of Enchantment Letterbox Series search, and maybe look for a few other boxes up there. We may even place one for you all to find, too. :)

~Lisa

John and Diane said...

Wish I could have been in 2 places at one time!
-D

Related Posts with Thumbnails