This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A SONG in my Heart and a BIRD in My Hand

Today I was home all morning because my car was at the dealer getting a 48,000 mile servicing. So I cleaned the house, paid some bills, caught up on emails and finished logging in finds and putting away things from my trip to Arizona. I decided to check LbNA and AQ for boxes planted in New Mexico - I have a search set up with AQ so I usually get notifications when a new box in New Mexico is logged there. But with LbNA I have to go there and check on a regular basis. It had been a while since I checked and I was pleasantly surprised to find that a Texas letterboxer had made his way into New Mexico and had left a couple of boxes. Silver Eagle placed Santa Fe Songbird in Santa Fe on August 12, 2009.

So when the dealership called that my car was ready I got a ride into town to get the car and I brought my letterbox stuff along. I made my way to Upper Canyon Road and to the Santa Fe Canyon Preserve. When I got there the road to the parking area for the Preserve was closed (construction - there was a backhoe doing some work at the entrance to the parking area). So I decided to drive a little further up Canyon Road and parked along the road where I knew I could get into the Preserve and start my hunt for the box.

I couldn't believe how lush the Preserve was. I don't remember it being so overgrown and thick with vegetation. I didn't have to go far to reach the landmark for the box and I easily found it. And WooHoo! I was the first finder. And it was a great little stamp of a bird. I sat on some rocks nearby and stamped in and then rehid the box. After hiding the box I walked around the area and enjoyed all the green. Not far from the box are some benches so I sat for a little while and just daydreamed. After that I finished the loop around the Preserve and then walked up the road to my car. Thanks Silver Eagle for a new box in Santa Fe.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails