This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Teeny Tiny Stamp

The last time I was out letterboxing was in October. I was starting to have withdrawls and was wondering if there were any boxes that I could find that weren't completely buried in snow. There didn't seem to be any - until today - when Astro D called me and said she found a box listed on LbNA that was hidden in town. She wanted to know if I wanted to join her in finding this box - what a silly question. So we met at Jackalope (one of my favorite places). We located the area quickly and found the noted rock that was hiding the microbox. But we didn't get the box - we were waiting for rubberpeace to join us. Once she arrived we let her follow the clues and actually retrieve the box. We opened the little microbag and found the teeniest, tiniest stamp that I have ever found - it measured 1/4" by 1/2" - it was wonderful - I loved it. We found a table to sit at and stamp in, only problem was that it was in the shade and it was made of concrete. Talk about a cold stamping in session. I think rubberpeace made a comment that went something like this - "I don't think my butt will ever be the same." - did I mention it was cold. We then rehid the box and rubberpeace headed home (she needed to get packed - she is traveling to Oregon tomorrow). Astro D and I decided to head to P.D. Bean's for a cup of coffee and a little chat - although if you ask our significant others they would tell you that when Astro D and I get together for coffee it ends up being an all day thing. Anyway, we had fun and a nice chat. Now I want to letterbox more but there is nothing in Santa Fe that I can get now. So Thomas and I are planning a trip to Southern New Mexico for some letterboxing in Las Cruces and a trip to Bosque del Apache to see the birds.

2 comments :

John and Diane said...

I got all excited about LBing today too. But in 2 weeks you'll find some more in the southern part of the state and I'll find some in Palm Springs. Woo hoo!
-D

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

What fun, and popcicle butts to boot! hehe

The last letterboxing was in December down at Bosque del Apache.

I won't be able to hike or letterox for a long time now.

I fell off my horse on Christmas Eve and ripped apart my ACL and another ligament.

I just had knee reconstructive surgery last week and started physical therapy yesterday.
It's going to be a tough road for a while....

Have fun on your Southern NM letterboxing trip guys!

~Lisa
Twinville Trekkers5

ps, how did your recent eye surgery go?

Related Posts with Thumbnails