This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Little Letterboxing Back in Santa Fe

Friday morning I met Astro D for coffee and catching up on our letterboxing trips. My trip was to Austin and hers was to Tucson. It was nice to sit and visit and hear about each others letterboxing adventures. After looking at our logbooks and exchanging stories we headed out on two missions. One was to find a new letterbox that had been hidden just this past week. It was an easy find. Once we stamped in and rehid the box we were on to our second mission. Rehiding a few of my boxes. I had pulled some boxes around town last November for reasons I won't go into now. I have decide to rehide them due to comments from some letterboxers I admire that wanted them back in action. So Astro D and I had a pleasant walk about town and replaced all but two. One was on a further walk than we wanted to do and one had a person painting right at the spot. It was a nice day and we celebrated Astro D's 1000th day since she found her first letterbox. WooHoo!!!!! We said our goodbyes and then I got in my car and rehid the last two boxes.

Today Astro D planted a new box that was only available for two hours. It is based on the camera obscura. There are going to be workshops in Santa Fe to learn to build these and use them. Today they had a demonstration of a camera obscura. It was fun and interesting and I got another Astro D carving. I always love her stamps and letterboxes and this one just happened to have a little extra something with the demonstration.

So the following boxes are now active again . . .
Bear in Mind, City Different Walking Tour, Honor, Loyalty & Peace, Going in Circles, Giant Rebel of Eden, Fortitudo Dei, The Crow Knows and New Mexico's Eternal Flame

5 comments :

The Arnolds said...

We have taken a little break from letterboxing but we are off to Santa Fe tomorrow to finally get our first box there. I am hoping we can complete the City Different Walking Tour, 4 kids in tow, we shall see!
-- 6 Jumping Beans --

John and Diane said...

Thanks for celebrating my 1000th day with me, hoping to celebrate your 1000th find with you soon! So glad your boxes are back in action.
-D

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see those boxes back in action. The ones that I found were some of my favorite Santa Fe boxes!

Pre said...

Stories that include "for reasons I won't get into now" are usually the best ones.

Nice to hear that you've put some of those cool boxes back out. As probably one of the last to stamp into some of them, I was starting to think it was something I'd done.

pre

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh! Such good news! I cannot bear the thought of not have the opportunity to find as many of your boxes as we can.
Each box, log book and stamp are such treasures.
Thank you for re-hiding them.

We are discussing our letterboxing plans for this summer and intend to most of our boxing up in Santa Fe.....The Lions Mane territory!

and I will have to hop onto 'Toast Ranch' to send congrats for her 1000th day letterboxing! Wow!

What a great day for you both and for you helping her celebrate, too.
I hope to see you all on May 12th....

Related Posts with Thumbnails