This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Meeting the Travelin Ts

I had wanted to write this post last night but I worked both Saturday and Sunday this weekend and it was busy. By the time I got home last night I was so tired I couldn't think well enough to write anything.

It has been a little slow for me on the letterboxing scene since Astro D and I returned from the event in Phoenix. I haven't found or planted any letterboxes since our return. But yesterday morning Astro D and I had the pleasure of meeting and having coffee with the Travelin Ts. They are on a road trip and stopped in Santa Fe for a few days to do a little letterboxing. We enjoyed the get together, although I had to leave early to get to work. It was still nice and I got to exchange stamps with them and trade letterboxing stories. Thank you to the Travelin Ts for making time on their trip for a little micro meet. And I hope you had fun in Santa Fe.

Even though I haven't been out letterboxing I have been connected - I have been carving a little. I have four stamps carved and ready to be made into boxes. I also carved the event stamp for the SPOOKtacular event in October. There are also plans to carve four or five more stamps in the next week or two. I am also working on journals - one was completed just before I began to type this post and two more are in the works.

Tomorrow I have plans to go and find one letterbox and plant one letterbox. It will be nice to get outside and actually do some letterboxing. Plans are also being made to attend the gathering in Golden, CO at the end of next month. Thomas and I are also planning to extend that trip and head up to Montana. We have friends that moved up there last year and they have been bugging us to go for a visit. We will stop off at Yellowstone on the way there. I am looking forward to this trip since I haven't been to that area of the country before.

So that is the jist of my letterboxing at this point. I know, it isn't that exciting but there is always another letterboxing adventure just around the corner. I'll be back soon to let you know how that adventure went.

And I would like to thank Astro D for the great little photo album/scrapbook she made me. It is all about our adventure to Phoenix for the A Century from Cranmere, It will always bring back fond memories.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails