This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Monday, July 30, 2007

A Find and A Plant

Since I had the day off today I decided to head to Albuquerque to find a letterbox and to hide a letterbox. I have been waiting for a little free time to get to these two boxes. I have had the box to plant for about a month and the letterbox that I found today had been planted on July 11th.

So I made my way to the Natural History Museum, found Alberta and then easily located the box. There were tables near by so I sat at one of them and stamped in. I had to wait a little while to rehide the box, all of a sudden it got very busy in the area. Once the box was hidden I went inside and enjoyed a leisurely walk through the museum.

I still had one objective in Albuquerque today - and that was to clean up and rehide The Netherwood Box. I received an email not long ago saying that the box was laying exposed and the contents were a little messed up. I adopted this box back in February but just got around to fixing it. I decided to move the box to a different location - it is still in the same general area - just hidden a little better. Astro D was kind enough to carve a great stamp to go in the box, and I made a new journal. I decided to leave the old stamp in the box as well. So if you have already found this box you need to go back. It has a different stamp, different clues and in a different location. I also renamed it so that past finders could go and get the new stamp and still count it as a find. The box in now called The Netherwood Box Revisited. I hope you all enjoy!

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails