This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Just Carving

Well it has been a slow month of letterboxing here in Santa Fe. Too cold, too snowy, too messy! Although, Astro D and I finally got out and found a box on Sunday and that was fun. But as I sit and type this post it is snowing again.

So for the past few days I have been carving stamps. I finished a stamp for the Friends Carving Friends Postal Ring, I have also carved an event stamp and now I'm working on a stamp for the State Insect Postal Ring. At least it is a part of letterboxing - but I would much rather be outside finding boxes. And this weekend I will get my wish. I am heading out to Tucson, AZ for the Tucson, Arizona, Letterboxers Gathering. I hope to letterbox along the way - weather permitting. I will also create a blog just for the trip, so keep posted.

As for the event stamp I carved - it is a stamp that Astro D and I talked about creating so that when letterboxers visit Santa Fe and want to get together with us they will have a little momento of their visit - although it wasn't an actual event - it was still a little gathering. To get the stamp all someone has to do is arrange to meet either me (lionsmane63), Astro D or rubberpeace during your visit to Santa Fe. ¡Bienvenidos!

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails