This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Winter Wonderland

I had big plans today - I was going to check on my Land of Enchantment Series and get the clues corrected. To my surprise, I arrived at the area to find the trail covered in snow. It wasn't so much that I couldn't find the trail, but it was enough to make it icy. I had come prepared for the cold but I wasn't ready for the ice - but I decided to venture forth. I made it to the first box but it took a lot of effort and careful footing - I did slip once but was able to hold on to a tree, so I didn't fall. The first box was fine and the clues were good. The next box wasn't that far away so I continued. Once I got to the area and checked the clues (measurements and degrees), I went to get the box to check on it. I slipped a little down the hill but was okay and so was the box (clues need a little tweaking though). At this point I was getting really cold and knew that I still had a lot of elevation to cover - I decided to head back down. I returned to the car and drove to a spot where I knew I could get to two or three other boxes without having to navigate too many hills with ice.



The landscape was incredible with the pristine snow cover. I quickly checked on the three boxes near here and found all to be good, the clues for only one of the boxes needed adjusting. I spent the next half hour walking and taking pictures - I loved it, peaceful, crisp, clean - but then I got cold. I headed to the warmth of my vehicle and then home. All in all - a nice visit to a winter wonderland.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails