This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Up, Up, Up, Up, Up and . . . Away!

This morning I drove my nephew down to Albuquerque to his new home - a dorm. Yes, he is a freshman, his first semester at college and away from home. I think he is excited but it is hard to tell with him. Anyway, he is now on his own.

Since I was in Albuquerque I decided to look for a letterbox that eluded me once before. Well, really I was just on the wrong trail. With a little help from a friend I learned the error of my ways and headed for the box.

One of my favorite things to do in Albuquerque is to ride the
Sandia Peak Tramway. There are such spectacular views during the ride and from the top of Sandia Peak. I especially love the view at night. The lights of Albuquerque just sparkle! Today was a beautiful and clear day so the views were fantastic. And the temperatures were perfect - it was such a great day for a hike. I decided to hike the Crest Trail #130 to the Kiwanis Cabin. With all the rain we have been having there were so many wildflowers, especially in the Kiwanis Meadow. For such a great day there weren't very many people on the trails - which I feel made my day more enjoyable. More peace and quiet. The views from the Kiwanis Cabin are fantastic and worth the pretty easy 1.5 mile one way hike. After enjoying the views and a little snack I headed back for the Tram. All in all I got in a 3 mile hike and a very relaxing Sunday.

Oh, and I did find that box during my hike, but that is all I will tell you. You have to figure out which box and where. Good Luck!

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails