This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Friday, April 20, 2018

A Turquoise and Golden Afternoon

Thomas took the afternoon off and was home around 1:00pm. So we decided to take a drive and look for a letterbox. So we left home and headed south on NM14 - the Turquoise Trail. We drove past Cerrillos and through Madrid and ended up in Golden.
In Golden, we made our way to San Francisco de Asis Catholic Church.

We parked in front of the gates and wall surrounding the church and small cemetery. I then read the clues for a letterbox hidden near the church. Following the clues I easily found Golden by Kit. I brought the box back to the car to stamp in. I was happy to find that I was the first finder on this box. The carving is excellent and I really enjoyed finding this box - thanks Kit. After stamping in I got the box back into its hiding spot.

Then I wanted to see the church. But the gates into the cemetery and church were locked. So all I could do was take a few pictures through the gate. After that we decided to head back to Santa Fe. When we arrived in Madrid we decided to stop and walk around a bit. After about 30 minutes of strolling the area we stopped in at Jezebel's Soda Fountain/Deli which is located in Jezebel Studio, Gallery and Sculpture Garden. Here we got some ice cream and looked around the gallery. After another 30 minutes we decided to call it a day and head home.

We enjoyed our drive along the Turquoise Trail and enjoyed finding a wonderful letterbox.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails