This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

A Tiny Stamp

Thomas and I spent yesterday and this morning with our friends in Leominster. Around 11:00am we took the train back to Boston and then went and did some sightseeing in Charlestown. Afterwards we started walking back in the direction of our hotel. Along the way we stopped for some dinner and I realized we were close to a letterbox. So after dinner we left the restaurant and walked along the Harborwalk to the Boston Children's Museum. The clues for the box said to face the entrance and then look left past the bike racks and go to the bench between the second and third light posts. So I followed the directions and sat on the bench and reached under it and I found a tiny stamp glued to a magnet stuck to the bench - no logbook and no box. the box was Boston Children's Musuem by West Dover Quidditch Team and the stamp was carved by Ariadne (and I think she did an excellent job). I think that is a perfect way to hide urban stamps. It was dark by this time and cold so I decided to take the stamp back to the hotel and then return it in the morning. It was a quick and easy find and an incredible carve. The stamp is only a half inch square and nicely detailed. Happy to find my first letterbox in Boston. If you want you can read about the entire trip at Boston, Leominster and Boston.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails