This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Hyde Park Road Box Checking and Maintenance

This morning I made plans to go for a drive along Hyde Park Road to check on and do some maintnance on boxes hidden there. On Tuesday I did a hike and checked on two boxes - Southwest Speedster and What does it all mean Mr. N? - both of which are alive and well. Today I drove the entire 16 miles up to the Santa Fe Ski Basin to begin my work.

My first order of business was to plant a couple of boxes. Back in February of this year I received two boxes from PineTree in Connecticut that she wanted me to plant in New Mexico. So I walked a short distance up the Winsor Trail and found a nice place for the first box. I wrote out all the clues and when I get home I will email them to PineTree and she can log the box on Atlas Quest. Then I made my way to the Santa Fe Ski Basin sign to check on Ski Bear #2. Unfortunately I believe the box to be unavailable due to a large tree that has fallen over and I think is now covering the box. If anyone feels like digging you might be able to find it. Next I got back into my car and headed back down the mountain. I stopped at the parking area for the NorSki Trail to plant the second box that PineTree sent me. I did a short walk along the trail and found a good spot for the box. I again wrote out the clues so I can email them later. While here I checked on In Spite of all the Danger which is in good shape and waiting to be found. I returned to my car and drove about 200 feet to the observation deck to check on two boxes. First I looked for I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK which I wasn't able to locate. Hopefully Astro D can check on it and maybe I just missed it and it is still there. I also checked on You're so vain you probably think . . . and wasn't able to find it. I am pretty sure this box is missing. My next stop was at Aspen Vista Picnic Area to scope out some hiding spots for boxes I am working on. I wasn't there long before I found what I needed and then I was on my way again. As I made my way down the mountain I stopped at a pullout to check on The Long and Winding Road. This box is still in place and doing well. Back on the road I made my next stop at Black Canyon Campground. I had received some notes that my clues for my Pin Up Stamp Swap2: Tess were a little off. So I stopped to retake some pictures so that I could update the clues. After getting the shots I needed I headed down the road again. My next and last stop of the day was across from the parking area for the Chamisa Trail. My The Art of Ebrû letterbox also needed updated photos for the clues - so I did a quick walk and got new pictures and then made my way back to the car.

I was really hoping to get more done but I will have to get back up there sometime next week and continue checking on boxes. It was a great day along Hyde Park Road and I had a nice time on my drive.

2 comments :

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Thank you for checking on our boxes.

Twinville2 Trekkers

Mark said...

You are welcome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails