This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

8th Anniversary Letterboxing


Today marks my 8th anniversary of letterboxing. Back in 2006 I found my first letterbox (Silver Eagle's Santa Fe Trails Microbox) and 8 years later I still love looking for boxes. On my anniversary I like to do a little letterboxing to celebrate. I had originally had plans for a full day of letterboxing but plans change. Thomas and I have guests from England staying with us and it didn't seem right for me to disappear for a full day. So I opted to stay in Santa Fe to find two recently planted boxes. This turned out to be a very quick outing and I found two nice stamps. We spent the morning and early afternoon with our friends and then just before dinner I headed out to nab these two boxes. I found ArnoldZiffel's My Favorite Swine: Maxwell and Undocumented Pig? not too far from my home. I pulled into the parking area and read the clues. From the car I could see the hiding spots for both boxes so I left the clues in the car and went out to grab both boxes. It didn't take me long to find them and then I took them back to the car to have a comfortable place to sit and stamp in. Like I said, these are two nice stamps and I enjoyed putting them into my logbook and celebrating my 8 years of letterboxing. Once done with the stamping I put the boxes back together and returned them to their hiding spots and called it a day. Thanks ArnoldZiffel for planting these boxes. I am looking forward to more letterboxing anniversaries.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails