This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Out for a little 'Day Trip'

Well it has been a while since I have been out letterboxing (almost two months) and I decided last night that I wanted to go this morning an find a letterbox that I had been trying to find the time to get to. After returning from our trip to the southeast for Thanksgiving things have been really busy. And then we had some really cold weather and I wasn't looking forward to sitting out and trying to stamp in.

But today was beautiful, a little cold early in the morning but by mid morning it was much better. So Thomas and I decided that we would take a day trip to find Twinville Trekkers' Beatle Series "Day Tripper" letterbox. I can't really elaborate too much on the box because it is a mystery. I can say that I love the area where it is hidden and we enjoyed our time there. We really loved getting out of the house and away from the daily grind. The box was easy to find and I loved the view from where it was hidden. So if you are in New Mexico and and want a nice little day trip then just solve this mystery and I am sure you will enjoy. Oh, and by the way the Twinville Trekkers did a great job on the carving. Thanks!

1 comment :

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yay! We're so happy you found it and enjoyed your visit.

It's interesting how you enjoyed the view, because that location was sort of a surprise for us because of the views. We drive through that area so many times throughout the year, but by staying on the road, we've missed out on some gorgeous views. We placed it on a rainy day and the clouds were low and floating among the mountains giving a mysterious aura.

I'm glad you liked the stamp, too. It's one of my favorites so far. :)

It's great to see you letterboxing again. We plan to be up in Santa Fe on Friday working on a couple of your boxes :)


~Twinville Trekkers

Related Posts with Thumbnails