This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Two Year Letterboxing Anniversary

Today marks two years from the day I found my first letterbox. That letterbox was Silver Eagle's Santa Fe Trail Microbox at Amelia White Park. To celebrate, what else would I do - you got it - I went out letterboxing. The letterbox I found has been in place for a while but I didn't find the clues until a few months ago and then winter had set in and I thought it would be inaccessible.
Today I took my chances. I did have to hike a little ways in some pretty deep snow but the box was actually easy to access. The only problem I had was that it was a little frozen in place. My poor right hand was muddy and I got a few scrapes from the rock it was hidden under. Thankfully I found a sturdy stick and was able to work the box out of its hiding spot. I really worked hard to get this box but I am glad I did - what a great way to celebrate.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails