This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Tuesday, April 02, 2019

One Letterbox on Malta: Found

Yesterday we tried for this letterbox but didn't have any luck. So today we were in the same area and we decided to give it another try. We made our way to Herbert Ganado Gardens. This time we were by ourselves so it was a much more relaxed search. We entered the gardens where the clue noted and then we found a spot to sit and I read the entire clue a couple of times to get my bearings. I noted a couple of landmarks so we walked over to them and then looked for the next landmark. We moved over to that one and then we had to wait. There was a man sitting on one of the benches and he never took his eye off of us. So I sat near where I thought the box was and just looked over to the spot to see if I could see where the box was. I wasn't having any luck. Finally, after about 15 minutes the man left and we could do a proper search. The letterbox we were looking for is More Memories of Malta by wandaandpete. This box is only a stamp glued to a rock. So I turned over about four rocks before I found the stamp. I took it to one of the benches to sit and stamp in. There was no one around when I went to put it back in place. I tried to locate the exact spot mentioned in the clue and I tried to place it under another rock described in the clue. I found a rock but it wasn't exactly as mentioned in the clue but it would work and make sure the stamp was hidden well. I am glad we got back to find this box and now I have another country on my list. You can read about the rest of our day at Our Maltese Adventure.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails