This blog chronicles my letterboxing adventures. It includes posts that share my travels that are letterboxing related, the letterboxes I have found and planted as well as the people I have met along the way. There are also photos included to help give a complete picture of the fun I had.

Saturday, June 01, 2013

A Late Afternoon Find

This afternoon I was catching up on emails when a new letterbox appeared in Santa Fe. This box was Strategic Air Command by Wronghat. The box is placed at the Santa Fe National Cemetery. I printed out the clue and Thomas and I decided to go look for this box, take a short hike and then go out for dinner.
Santa Fe National Cemetery
So around 5:00pm we gathered our things and headed out. We were a little concerned about the smoke from the nearby fires but it turned out not to be a problem. Once we arrived at the National Cemetery we followed the clues and found the spot to park. Then I found the marker I needed and from there the rest of the clues were easy. I nabbed the box and found a nice spot to sit and stamp in. The cemetery was quiet and peaceful and we didn't see anyone else at this spot. The stamp is terrific and this is another great Wronghat box. I was also the first finder for the box and I got an LTC first finder card. I then rehid the box and returned to the car.
Tesuque Creek

We left the cemetery and decided to head up Bishop's Lodge Road to CR72A and to the Tesuque Creek Trail. We walked for about 40 minutes and then found a spot to sit and relax before making the return trip back to the car. Our little hike lasted just over an hour and we enjoyed the peacefulness of the area. A wonderful way to spend an afternoon.

After our hike we headed back into Santa Fe to get something to eat for dinner. We ended up at Five Star Burgers at DeVargas Mall. Thomas had a green chile cheeseburger and I had their burger of the month - the caprese burger (a beef burger topped with mozarella cheese, tomato, fresh basil and a balsamic glaze). It was delicious and a great way to end the day.

And to Wronghat - thanks for planting such a wonderful box in Santa Fe.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails